CM1STMAS COMMUNITY AWARDS
After what has been an incredibly challenging year so far, we find community to be more important than ever. We've received some amazing stories about the achievements of the people of Chelmsford, so we feel it's only right to commemorate every inspirational individual!
So we invite you to Join us as we celebrate and share the stories of our CM1STMAS Community Heroes and local businesses who went above and beyond for the Chelmsford community.
Our community heroes also helped us count down to the Christmas Light Switch on from the City Centre! So that we can enjoy the annual event from the comfort and safety of our homes!
View it all online now
View Terms & Conditions
Chelmsford For You Terms and Conditions
- You can nominate into the Chelmsford For You Awards if you are 18 years old or over, and a resident of the United Kingdom, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary; however, internet access may be required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on the 17th October 2020 and 23.59 GMT on the 28th October 2020 inclusive.
- The definitions of the categories are deemed as follows:
- Inspirational Young Person - An individual of under 18 on date of submission that is recognised as an inspiration in respect of their voluntary work; someone that has overcome or dealing with adversity; someone that shows passion and commitment for a voluntary project.
- Inspirational Adult - An individual of 18 & over on date of submission that is recognised as an inspiration in respect of their voluntary work; someone that has overcome or dealing with adversity; someone that shows passion and commitment for a voluntary project.
- Community Champion - An individual who goes above and beyond for their community, who has made a difference.
- Environmental Champion - An individual who goes above and beyond for their environment, who has made a difference.
- Chelmsford Key Worker of the year - A key worker who has continued to support our community during this unprecedented time and demonstrated strength
- The work/reason for nomination, has to have taken place within the parishes of Chelmsford. Click here to view map
- In all cases work has to have taken place in 2020.
- To enter please fill out the form above, providing your contact details so that we can get in touch if we need any further information
- If you have any questions about this Promotion or if you require any assistance with the entry process, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A maximum of one nomination per person.
- Winner Selection: All valid entries (subject to moderation, see point 15) will initially be judged by the Chelmsford For You team to select a shortlist of nominations.
- Each shortlisted individual will be contacted to ensure that they are happy to be a part of the Chelmsford For You Awards, if not they will be removed and an alternative chosen.
- The final shortlist will be displayed on the site with an opportunity for the public to vote for winners.
- Voters will need to provide their email address during the public vote. These email addresses will only be used for the purposes of tracking the votes and will be removed once the Awards are over.
- Voters are only allowed to vote once per day, with any additional votes being discarded.
- Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- contain any content that is considered likely to be offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners);
- promotes any political agenda.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their nominations to be used by the Promoter and their agents without further compensation, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. By entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter and their agents publishing these entries on their websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms.
- The winners will be asked to agree to allow the Promoter the right to publish their name, surname and role for the winners list
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including where there is infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected nominations.
- The Promoter or their agents will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- Notwithstanding any other clause in these Terms and Conditions, neither the Promoter or their agents are not liable for anything arising out of the running and administration of this Promotion.
- Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- We will only use your personal data for the administration of the Promotion and for no other purpose unless we have your consent. We will only share your data with our Fulfilment Partners for the purposes of and in order to fulfil this Promotion. The Promoter will keep personal data for no longer than is necessary for relevant purposes related to this Promotion, and in any case no longer than for one year starting 19thOctober 2020.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.